Cloudleaf and Qualcomm Technologies: Working Together to Provide a Powerful Logistics-as-a-Service Solution
By Mahesh Veerina
Today, we are pleased to announce that Qualcomm Technologies has chosen Cloudleaf’s Digital Visibility Platform as part of its new Logistics-as-a-Service offering, which is a key component of the Qualcomm® IoT Services Suite. By combining our Digital Visibility Platform with Qualcomm Technologies’ advanced 5G technologies, IoT devices and services, we are able to be part of a powerful Logistics-as-a-Service solution.
It’s clear that supply chains have been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. While the pandemic has exposed many vulnerabilities in global supply chains, what was clear to many leaders were the huge gaps in understanding where their products were, what condition they were in, or when they were expected to arrive and how that prevented them for being agile when they most needed to be. This is because many organizations are still relying on manual processes, unlinked systems, spreadsheets, data loggers and load-based data which do not provide a 24/7, real-time product-level view into their supply chains.
We set out to solve this problem by developing a leading-edge visibility platform that can gather ground-truth from IOT sensors and contextual data from every pain point along the supply chain. Our platform is easy-to-deploy and easy-to-use which is why Qualcomm incorporated it in their Logistics as a Service offering that brings together Qualcomm Technologies’ advanced technologies with our Digital Visibility software, providing logistics companies with continuous visibility into the context, condition, timing and location of material and assets throughout their supply chains.
Our Digital Visibility Platform leverages hyper-scale cloud, digital twin, AI/ML and IoT technologies to deliver continuous visibility and intelligence. The heart of our solution lies in its ability to analyze real-time events from IOT sensors, business processes, disruptions and risks; the Cloudleaf platform leverages this real-time information to virtualize and visualize the end-to-end supply chain.
Key features of the Cloudleaf solution include:
- Real-time Insights: The LaaS solution leverages Cloudleaf APIs to garner real-time, actionable insights to anticipate and avoid disruptions
- Quality and Compliance: Ensure strict regulatory compliance and quality of product and materials being transported
- Eco-system Collaboration: Share real-time insights and actions with different stakeholders across the eco-system
- Easy to Understand Visualization: The solution delivers KPIs, analytics and visualization tools for tracking and monitoring supply chain operations from manufacturer to last mile
- Limitless Scale: The SaaS nature of the solution means businesses can scale as their business grows, enabling quick and efficient ROI
- Quick time to Value: The patented Sensor FabricTM is device agnostics can be deployed within a matter of days, delivering immediate ROI
A supply chain is far more than a combination of purchasing, operations and logistics; managing a complex supply chain in logistics requires a holistic, end-to-end view of the supply chain. We are proud to be part of Qualcomm’s Logistics-as-a-Service solution, which will drive fast, data-driven decision making, while addressing a wide range of supply chain challenges.